Wednesday, June 4, 2014

How The Wild West Was Won with Ray Mears

For some time now there has been some buzz about Ray Mears making an new series titled How the Wild West Was Won. It has not aired in the US, and I don’t know if it will, but episodes have already started airing in the UK. The BBC has been kind enough to post up the aired episodes so far on YouTube. I’ve embedded the videos below.

Mountains

Great Plains

Deserts

The show is very similar to Ray Mears’ Northern Wilderness, which you can also find on YouTube from various sources. I found the show to be interesting so far. It is not particularly in dept when it comes to history or customs, and is lighter on demonstrations of bushcraft skills, which are dispersed as footnotes throughout the series, but overall, I liked it.

If I come across any new episodes being released, I will try to add them to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment