Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Trip Report: Bachelor Party at The Delaware River West Branch

Seems like my whole group of friends is getting married these days. My wedding is coming next year, but my friend Rich beat me to it. This past weekend we held Rich’s bachelor party. What better way to celebrate your last days of freedom than with a fly fishing trip?!

We rented a house right on the river, and slowly gathered there over the course of this past Friday.

IMG_3569

IMG_3573

IMG_3584

Not everyone was there to fly fish, but there was a small group of us that were determined to make the best use of the river, despite less than ideal weather.

IMG_3536

IMG_3540

IMG_3555

I had to keep the rain jacket on for a god part of the time. Luckily, the rain wasn’t bad enough to keep us out of the water. Unfortunately, most of us struck out when it came to actually connecting with any fish. Plenty of olives flying around, and a few visible hits, but as it usually is for me with native trout, a frustrating experience.

In the evening fishing transitioned into beer pong… lots of beer pong.

IMG_3608

For breakfast we hit up the Butterfields Cafe in the nearby town of Deposit. Excellent food and great owners.

IMG_3613

It was a fin weekend, and I’m glad I got to try out that part of the Delaware River. I’ve had the coordinates on my list of locations I have to explore, and this gave me a good chance to do it. I’ll have to go back there soon and try my luck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment